Friday, July 14, 2006

Fiora the High Visibility Princess

I have been "told" that I must update this - to my defense I promise I did write a post last weekend but I decided that I was toooooo grown up to leave it and it was not what my blog was meant to be about (ie I was having a bitch)

Onto fun stuff - why do you ask am I a high visibility princess???? I passed my truck lisence last sunday which is very amazing so this week we have been out buying me a very very bright orange outfit so if I have trials or get a job I already have an outfit to start with (I know that is a bit presumptious getting the uniform before the job but I do have a trial next saturday).

As people close to me know I have a love for PJ pants (they are normally my uniform for sewing in....actually to do everything in) but I have cut my first pair out this week. I am still trying to figure out the sqare in the crutch part (for this pair I think I will forget about it - I have cut them big enough and the pair that I cut it from doesnt have a sqaure bit so Ill put it to the sewing machine today)

Also other exciting news - we have tables and chairs now - we have been pretty minimilist lately, which hasnt worried us but it meant I had nothing to stand on while Peddles did my hemline....thats right girls the man knows what he is doing when it comes to sewing (more so than me haha)

So today in happy innilgard there is the barons championship, a potluck feast then a ball. Peddles and I had no intention of going to the barons championship (I just didnt want to, but he originally had to work) but because the weather has been so bad work was cancelled for him we decided not to go. He is currently cooking a goose (no that wasnt a typo) we are really getting into the whole medieval cooking thang. This one is how to cook a peacock by stuffing it with onions and apples so will let you know how it goes.

So the potluck feast should be good and I am really looking forward to the dancing stuff. The woman running the ball is awesome (she is the one that reminds me of Jane Doe) We went and stayed at her manificient property last weekend (it was like going to a B&B). Colette is awesome she does costume, made her own period tent, does awesome cooking, runs dance classes and is being authorised for heavy fighting today. Her husband and Peddles have been friends for years so Im hoping that the friendship with her will keep getting better.

So I am going to be flying solo from Monday week as Peddles will be working in Roxby again. I feel much better about it compared to last time - I now understand how things work here a lot better - im not being melodramtic or anything but the roads are crazy here so hopefully I wont get lost as much.

Anyway dont fall off your chair Jane Doe but I am going to go and put my blue dress on so Peddles can do my hem - I will get this dress done damnit (there wont be any decoration but it will be done haha)

Promise to take pictures xx

2 comments:

GB said...

Hooray for the updatedness.
You're almost finished a dress!!! Bloody hell, woman, wonders will never cease! Ok, I'll stop picking on you now. Looking forawrd to seeing the piccies. Will call you tonight.

Fiora said...

Yes thats right I got P to do the hem of my dress while I stood on the esky looking beautiful hehe. You are going to laugh when you see one of the pics though - one girl is wearing my red dress (I didnt realise she was turning up let alone wearing it never mind) and the other girl used the pattern you made for me to make her dress - I will say it out loud now though.....I did tell her it was a PEASANT dress but she still made it in a way off material and then proceeded to bead it....so I take no responsibility (you should have seen the sleeves she made and then she based that dress on making one EXACTLY the same for her 4 year old) But the picture is still classic (once I get it). The 28th is coming very close, 10 days exactly for my first deadline - can I do it...YES I CAN hehe (better go and read what I said I would do by then haha)