Monday, March 12, 2007

Proud moment

Well girls I havent achieved everything I wanted but I have fought my demons and achieved some things that Im hugely proud of.........

I finished my SLEEVES - thank you so much to Jane Doe who told me that my original attempt meant that I hadnt attached my sleeves correctly (ie the wrong pairs) now I have a pair of sleeves that have linen on one side and my buttercup yellow on the other. I have been wearing them and they fit perfectly up on top of my shoulders so I wont rip them everytime I move my arm and they are soooooo warm (maybe its roxby haha)

I have also finished Gs undershirt/chemise thingy except for adding sleeves but hopefully that wont take toooo long and I have also finished one of Gs tunics (green one) besides heming the sleeves. I am honestly so proud of myself as it looks really good (just as you dont look too closely haha) Poor G when he got home this morning at 0645 after a twelve hour shift I was already awake waiting for him and I pounced on him to dress him up like my favourite ken doll and the tunic and that actually look really really good - the colour definately suits him. Im leaving decoration for all clothes until last thing its more important to get the other stuff done. So this arvo Im going to rush home and try and get the red one cut out and after we get back from dinner Im going to try and finish a second one.

I was so over sewing yesterday because it was really getting me down that its so close and Ive got so much more to do but I know I can get there with still loving sewing at the end. Ive decided that I want to make that court dress when I get back but I honestly dont know what period or time I want to make. I know it sounds really pathetic but I would like to have matching time and area piece to G for court but at the same time that sounds so boring so I might still go with my venetian I just need to make a decision stick to it and just go for it (story of my life)

Well I should actually get some work done for the day.

I hope my three fav uni nerds are going ok - this whole uni thing really takes up too much time into my gossiping time with you girls......just so you all know haha :)

Love Fiora

No comments: