Sunday, October 08, 2006

Im gonna do it damnit!!

As you could all imagine - I didnt get back on the horse the other night.....Im going to have to name my sewing machine, I think along the lines of a very common 1960's womans name so everytime I make a boo boo I can say some stupid 1960s comment rather than saying something rude like the trucking woman thats within.

Ok so here is my sewing list from last time - I am blueing the things I have done:

Hem my blue dress
work on decoration for both blue & red dress
1 more underskirt
make fitting sleeves - I promise I have tried and they just wont work - lucky I have left over hot pink drill from the fooles feast - this is half blue as one of the girls here helped fit a sleeve for me
chemises that work - I will actually take my time on these ones....Im sure Im jinxed Ok so I havent made them but I have the easy pattern to make them now and I should complete one tonight
Aprons - attempted - they officially stink
14th C Gard for camping - that means muliptle outfits - just gonna go with roman
1 Viking outfit - Ok so hopefully I dont jinx myself
1 Roman outfit - gonna make it this week
Heraldic dress - made the design
Maybe Russian - researched it - ie looked at babs and went ohhhh thats so pretty
A Venetian Dress - hooray hehe - michelle said she would just lend me hers haha

So have I actually done much - NO but thats ok it kinda looks good on paper. I am doing that stuff tonight as in finish the blue and white tunic then thursday night if babs is up for it we might go material shopping for the roman and if I see any wool or linen to make more roman as we dont plan on coming back to civilisation for a few months now (around dec/jan) so I wont have the access to material shops so that should be heaps of fun!!

Anyway have to get back to pretending that I work

Love to you all!

BJM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you want an early night but why don't we see if we can get the blue tunic hemmed tonight, then it'll be finished. You could pin the hem of your under tunic at tomorrow night's meeting, so that it's ready to sew on Friday night. Then we can play with your apron dress Saturday before people arrive, which will mean we can get your Roman sorted next week. I know I said Roman is doable in a night...........but I keep forgetting that the rest of the world pins things (including hems)before they sew it, so I'm now going to suggest it will take 2 nights......possibly 3....

Fiora said...

Ok - you are so right! What type of material do we have to find for the roman? And if there is a choice what colours can we look at?

I still have to put the triangly things on the under tunic as well but as you said I can do the sewing stuff tonight and pin the fiddly bits tomorrow - wont I impress people doing pinning at the barional meeting.....I might take pictures to show jane doe HAHA

Im just glad the biggest loooooser isnt on tonight as I kept getting so distracted last night with all the emotions of it all!

Anonymous said...

Again i'm going to ask you how much you care about having this outfit totally correct and again I'm going to get the same answer....So why don't we make it out of something that will be cool to wear, since that is your whole reason for making it and i know it will blue......, so lets look for some blue cotton fabric......And so you wont be the only one at the baronial meeting working on garb, I'll take my hand sewing with me.

GB said...

You're sewing! I'm so proud!
If only I could say the same for myself... Hey, there's QAF to watch and a trip to plan. (Excuses, excuses)

Fiora said...

Babs has come to the realisation that she has to control the television when we are sewing (it is her telly mind you) so that we arnt watching anything toooo distracting as I get to involved with it.

These shows include (not watching)
= The biggest loser
= Backyard Blitz
= Movies like Triple X

The first two normally make me cry and the third I just cant stop perving so you know Jane Doe I can do it when the TV is on (MULTI TASKING) so you now officially have no excuses......who would have thought this moment would happen pad won nagging the leader HAHAH thats going to make me giggle all day hehe

Hugs to you!