Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Unpicker 3, Fiora 0, Babs the Saint

So we managed to do what I said we would do (ie cut things out)....then I think I got a little toooo adventurous - I tried to sew it together. Babs was amazing and got majority of the thing together all I had to do was attach some length to the sleeves by sewing two bits of material together, then I had to add the triangly bits at the bottom....thats where it went bad

1 for unpicker - both sleeves I attached the incorrect way so had to unpick both of them then resew them

2 then once babs had put the sleeves in the correct way I then proceeded to sew three bits of material together instead of two....more unpicking.

3 I managed to put 3 seams in correctly for the triangly bits then on the fourth I broke the needle cos I was toooo lazy to move the pins a bit out of the way.

At that point I asked was it time to give up tonight (ie it was 11pm) and magic to my ears Babs said yes. I also went on to ask if I had tested our friendship - im just glad she has got to the point where she laughs at me as she knows how useless I am haha!

So I am going to hop back up on that machine tonight and get that last part done then I am going to move onto the chemise (which is cut out but just laughing at me knowing how much I will have to sew and resew that one haha.

Thought you all might find my story amusing at this hour of the morning!

Love Fiora

2 comments:

GB said...

And regardless of this, we still love you!
You are such a classic!

Fiora said...

I think I need to start "the helpers of Fiora sewing sympathy club" so you can all meet up and drink strong spirits and say "there there its all ok we survived"