Monday, January 15, 2007

I had the BEST time!

So I didnt get to do the EXTREME sewing that I was hoping for (due to suprise suprise my procrastination) BUT I did get to buy $400.00 worth of wool and linen (bad bad bronwyn haha)

Babs helped and guided me into the happy world of cloak making. I picked up 4.6metres of black fabric (no one knows in the dark that its not dark blue haha) and we were left with heaps so I will probably make the G banger a tunic out of that. I also picked up some white linen for chemises and G wants two metres of that. I picked up a beautiful bluey grey linen for an under dress for my viking and managed to cut that out at Babs. Speaking of the G banger he has decided that he really wants to do tudor........I am happy for him but I also know that his procrastination levels are worse than mine so I have stood my ground and said that until I am a better sewererer I will only be making him basic viking (six hours in the confined space of a car can make a man agree to anything). Once I know I am getting better at the basic things AND that we have enough garb to go to festival without having to wip anything else up I will then go onto the more involved things. Im really enjoying learning the tricks of how to maximise the fabric and tricks of putting things together that I am slowly getting there. (I hope anyway - well there is one positive Babs gets heaps of laughs out of it haha)

So we have been finding that the more times we go back to Ade the more friends are demanding our time.......which is lovely but there is only so much time in the day. Our lovely friends are very understanding if we dont make it but I (G was there ages ago) am getting to the point where I wont be telling certain friends when we come down because I just dont like the grief that goes with it. The worst part is these certain friends (and I know I am bad to put in boxes) are just above aquaintances and they are actually getting really nasty about it all. It was so different going to Syd as people understood that we couldnt make it to everyone - look out festival for those people haha :P

We are going to head down again in three weekends time for extreme sewing with Babs, Michelle and I. Im really looking forward to just hanging with these two as they always have some good mischief for me to get into hehe. I am cat sitting this weekend so Ill be staying at a friends house up here who has........A KITCHEN TABLE haha (life in a caravan there just isnt room) so I am going to sew my cloak together and cut out some chemises for my italian, viking and hopefully put together some decoration for my blue italian (which is the blue I made my viking underdress with as I really like that colour) Oh and dont forget the sleeves!!

I have offered my services to the fighters to be water bearer as there is no way I can be a marshal in training. G is very insistant that all female water bearers have to wear white.....he is slotting into the dirty old man category very well.

Miss Jane Doe I know you wont really be thinking about festival for a while but I was thinking that maybe........you would like to do a couple hour shift with me on the welcoming desk (at night of course) at festival????? I thought that way we could catch up on serious gossip and I could see your pics?? If you dont find this post I will harass you in other shapes and forms and if it isnt a good idea I will trap your attention in another way :)

Anyway I have to go and be domesticated. I have spent all day on a forklift in the sun and in the dirt so I have to go and do food shopping and get ready for work tonight - boring!!

Love to you all

Fiora

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed yourself for the most of it. I spoke to Michelle who is going to drag her butt out shopping sometime this week so she has the fabric for the sewing weekend, she's bringing a machine as she like you wont use mine. I can't beleive that the girl who moved in here 3 ish months ago and would just stare at her fabric willing it to turn into something fantastic is now some kinda sewing monster, yes folks I have created a monster. She actually has confidence even when she doesn't know what she's doing, she listens to the directions and then attacks it like she's made a hundred of them. It's kinda scarey to watch but good at the same time.
Anyway hope you've managed to keep dry and keep sewing, I'd love to see the Italian finished. Babs

Fiora said...

Hi Babs!

Thanks for your post - its so nice! It is so hard to stay dry here at the moment but the sun came out (just as I was leaving for work) so hopefully no more leaks!!

I went to text you today but I got the feeling you would think I was a big dork........Today I
cut out two pairs of pants
cut out an under dress (Thanks again Finn for that material)
cut out two chemises
and a pair of sleeves (yes gillian I have finally cut out my sleeves that will fit with your buttercup yellow material that you gave me)

So tomorrow I have to sew them.....as I bragged to Brigette today I was a lean mean cutting machine HAHAHA

You can tell its 1145pm and I havent finished work yet huh!!

Thanks again Babs for all your help!

Fiora

GB said...

You, my dear, have become a sewing fiend! Yay! And yay for Babs for bringing it out in you!
Yes, I will do a troll shift with you at the sign-in tent at Festival. Do you have a night in particular in mind? I can let the necessary people know that we'll be covering that shift.
Hooray for the sewingness!

Fiora said...

Hi Jane Doe!

Thanks for telling (and knowing) the correct people to tell with the troll thing!! Im currently free each night except for the Stowe dinner which I guess I better make a guest appearance at haha. Besides that I am water bearing in see thru white clothes during the day so I am free any night that suits you?!?

You and Babs should get a good laugh as I had a oopsy yesterday with the pants that I had cut out wrongly.....basically with Peddles being a bit skinner in the tummy hip area I thought they might still fit him but then I realised with being a boy with package compartment there is ABSOLUTELY no way these pants will fit HAHAHA Im still laughing at how bad they looked hehe. Such a simple thing and I cohoodled it up.

Im so glad I spent two dollars on that piece of linen - it doesnt hurt that way!!

I hope you are both well and I will keep you updated!!

Love Fiora

Wenchilada said...

Heyyyy...you updated when I wasn't looking! No fair!

I'm glad you like that material, it really was the loveliest in all my stash!

Fiora said...

Hi Finn!

I have enough left over of that beautiful material to make a small tunic for Miss P. I spoke with Paul and he said that would be ok......hope thats ok with you :)

Ned mentioned that she is a size one at the moment so Im guessing if I make a size 2 that should give her festival and a bit more without it looking crazy big on her.

Talk to you soon!

Love Fiora

Anonymous said...

So are the pants that you made to small for pedro, likely to fit a skinnier person? or did you really cut them out very badly? Gillet is skinnier and in desperate need of garb........Kyle is a lot skinnier but he's legs are probably a lot longer....but it could just be his skinnyness that is so decepitive....see you next weekend for the extreme sewing with Michelle, who has been texting me with questions like "Do I hot wash the wool, before we cut it out!!" You really have no idea how little experience and interest she has in sewing......

Babs