Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Day off

Hi Mum if you have found this site yet!?!?!?!

Well today is day three of me learning the gentil art of fighting with sticks and shields......I am suprised to admit that my sword arm hurts less than I thought it would - it still hurties though hehe.

This year I havent been able to stop smiling.......I am getting my sewing under control, I have been learning how to make chain mail, Im learning how to fight (its for double reasons i) to give peddles a training partner ii) to tone up my arms and boobs haha) it is definately not so I go and fight in tournies or wars cos getting hurt is so overrated haha. The G banger has asked if I would get authorised and I think I will as I think that is a nice thing to do and he also wants to make me armour (the mention of chain mail and fur armour was mentioned....dirty old man syndrome) and I am more than happy to fight him properly as he wouldnt do it to hurt me or to prove a point but I have absolutely no desire to fight others (which will probably mean I never get authorised) but its the thought that counts. And out of everything I am trying more things with my cooking........Hold onto your computer desk as I used chili in my stir fry last night

For some reason I have stopped saying "I so couldnt do that"and am now trying it. I am definately not up to the standards of sewing that I want to be but that will come with practise and I am enjoying the learning process - I cant wait for this weekends "extreme sewing" I have also lost a couple more kilos and am finding I am not eating to cope anymore. I have to admit though I dont know whether to hate or love my brother for introducing me to smoothies - apparently they are ok but I am so not caring cos mango smoothies rock!!

Tonight peddles and I are going to drive to Andamoka (no one can spell it properly) for dinner it is about 25ks from Roxby so that will be really nice. It is an opal town and apparently it looks like the moon as people keep digging holes everywhere and nobody fills them up - will take a pic and try and put it on the computer!

I hope I dont jinx it for him but peddles bhp job application seems to be coming through nicely. Im hoping that if I get the chandler job at the core farm we will work the same days on so we will see each other more as currently (and this sounds strange) but we dont see each other much.

Well computer time is up so will have to love and leave you all - I hope everyone is going ok and look forward to catching you all on the phone sometime!!

Love to you all

Bronwyn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could always marshal wars at festival, that way he can make you a helm, etc and you can wear them then.

Glad your still experimenting with cooking, you can cook girl, you proved it every second night that you stayed here.

We and yes I am speaking for Michelle here also, are so glad to hear you have stopped saying "I so couldn't do that" we discussed your constant apologies and self doubt when you first arrived in adelaide.....it drove us nuts! Hence why you had cooking and sewing lessons and a foot almost permanently up your backside....we love you, and figured if we supported and encouraged you, that you'd lose the negative attitude you had about your capabilities, as you were the only one seeing them negatively. We were seeing a bright, cheerful, intelligent young woman, who had goals a mile high and the drive to achieve them, if she could just over come her own self doubt........so how about not apologising for things that you have no reason to apolgise for....or do we have to wait on that one...(I have a story to tell you about why i find it so annoying when people apologiose all the time, for things they didn't do).
Andamooka, I know how to spell it!, I've never been there but I've been to Coober Pedy, and that is just like being an ant surounded by ant hills......boring.....but a haven after a long, long day on the road.
Hope the meal is good, we may visit you some day in roxby as D would like to go to Andamooka......will have to be in school holidays though.

Good luck to you both with the job applications, must admitt, i've been checking 3 times a day with my fingers crossed to see if you had updated on the job front.

GB said...

I have no idea who wrote the above comment, but by God, they've got it right! How often have I said to you, 'don't apologise'?
I'm so happy that you're finally truly happy, my dear one.
I need some Bronnie time, so I'll try to call you before the weekend.
My fingers are still crossed for you for that job. My toes are crossed for Peddles.

Fiora said...

Thank you so much you two!! I am so lucky to be friends with you both!!

To give you an update, we didnt end up going to Andamooka (thanks Babs for the spelling hehe) Gareth decided to cook a roast on the weber......which was awesome. He cooked lamb shanks and roast veggies - so we will hold off Andamooka till you guys get up here Babs......its ok we dont mind waiting till school holidays haha!

Mum and Dad gave us a camera and picture printer for xmas so I have finally figured out how to use it. I have the absolute cutest picture of Abi (Jane Doe that is Michelles daughter that has everyone wrapped around her finger) so I will bring it down this weekend for Michelle.

Im working tonight but getting through the shift with the thought its two more sleeps till Adelaide!

Babs I promise if we hear anything regarding jobs I will call you so you dont have to keep checking hehe - you might just go mad like we are waiting for an answer as it is soooo slow here!

Jane Doe I will also let you know to save you from cramps in your toes hehe. Im working from 5.30pm tonight and Friday. If you can while at work dont hesitate to call and I can call you straight back otherwise I am free Saturday night if you are (sat morn we are out of range driving back down to civilisation)

Thanks again for all your support

Love Bronwyn

Babs said...

I forgot to type my name at the bottom....It's babs, the crazy, often loud, opinonated(sp?)woman, that Fiora has adopted in adelaide....... I also have a milder, quiet alter ego that goes by the name Alycie, but she is normally only around in the SCA.

Fiora said...

I prefer the loud one!! But the quieter version is also very cool to hang around with haha!

Quick update - Im waiting for a call to say when my medical is....I honestly cant wait! Bhp are interested but I need to pass this medical first. I have decided I am the most impatient person in the whole entire world! Its ok I dont expect you two to put your "nice friend hats on" its true and I can cope haha.

Love Fiora