Monday, February 12, 2007

All is calm again!

Well I have finally come to the conclusion that I cannot rush Chandler so I have decided to put all my energy into getting some sewing done. I so wish I could transfer pics onto this blog as you girls would laugh so hard at my sewing setup in the van.....even G laughs when he gets home.

However like Jane Doe last night was a bit of a busy sewing night........Thanks to Babs and her explaining Key Hole necklines I made my first chemise for G yesterday with the Key Hole neckline......AND IT WORKED!! I have made myself a template so that will make things easier. I havent figured out how to easily cut out the hole in the chemise (so it matches the template - I managed to trim the facing a little when I did it yesterday oops) but I will get there. Now dont fall off your chair Babs but I managed to also sew together my cloak. The only part I stuffed up is that I attached the hood before I hemmed the opening of my cloak so that will look a little funny.....yes I know I could take it off and redo it but really haha. I have also decided that once I line it around the edges I might redo it but in the meantime its ready for festival (besides hemming the bottom but that wont take long)

So Im feeling quite proud of myself at this moment. I am going to finish those two off today and start on two woolen tunic for Gareth. We have one red one and a bluey but more greenish wool. We decided that we are going to decorate the red one with a strip around the neckline and the hem with the black wool. I havent decided what Im going to do with the green one.

I am also going to sew together my Italian arms. So then after work tonight I can fiddle with pinning of the two sleeves together....Im not looking forward to that part - one day I will master the sleeve...mwha hahaha

I hope you girls are well!

Love Bronwyn

2 comments:

GB said...

In a very selfish way, I don't want you to hear from Chandler for another three weeks at least - that way you get to come to Sydney!

Go you sewing thing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bron, when doing the necks, cut out the neck hole in the chemise, but not the slit. then lie it flat!!! on the table and place the piece that is to be your facing on top of it., make sure it is bigger than you need, so it over hangs the back of the neck line and sides by at least an inch, and the front so that it's longer than where you wnt to put the slit by again at least an inch. pin it in place, remember to leave it flat on the table do not lift it up in the air to do it Bron, you'll hear me over your shoulder! Then fip it over and sew around the neck opening, like normal, then sew down one side of the slit and back up the othr side, keeping the stitching close to your line, but leaving enough room to cut the slit after. Once you have sewn it, you then cut the circle out, cut the slit and turn it through to the wrong side of the tunic and top stitch if you like....or hand sew some decoration around the neck (catching in the facing)and slit which will do the same job.....I know your laughing and saying no way Babs! This is the easiest way to make sure your facing and tunic are even and the same, that way your not trying to get the two to line up.

Babs....who signed up to this bloody thing and now can't remember who she is or her password......